This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Cutest Little Donkey In The County


The little donkey is my favorite. Don't you think it is sooo cute? There are several more and they live on a large triangle of land on the edge of the town known as the strawberry capital of Texas. We check them out on the way to church every sunday morning. Owning donkeys seems to be a fad now days as almost every farm or ranch has about three or four. There was a time when a donkey went through the auction here all the farmers and ranchers would laugh and make fun when someone placed a bid and when it sold they would really hee haw and say they were worthless. Years ago my daughter and son-in-law had one named Harley on their country place in east texas. It was caught being mean to thier calves so they had to get rid of it. Wouldn't this one look cute riding around in a little trailer pulled by my little Ford Ranger? Guess it's hee hawing would wake my neighbors and if I put it at the ranch John's cattle would eat all it's food. It will have to be just my donkey dream.

15 comments:

Kath said...

Awwwww it's more than cute Paula it's adorable.I love Donkeys.The only ones I see are on the beach when I go to the holiday home,which the children have rides on.Keep your Donkey Dream it's a nice one.Thankyou for sharing the picture.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

Lucy said...

That is one cute donkey. Am I just not remembering it right bur isn't the dappled donkey more seldom seen.

BlueRidge Boomer said...

CityBoy wanted a donkey when we moved to the high country....then he started planning his barn...heated no less...fencing....meal planning...vet planning...farrier planning!! We got a cat instead.....

Enjoy....LindaMay

Helen said...

It is cute. I don't think I have ever seen a spotted one before. Helen

Martha said...

So cute Paula! I would want one to pull around a little wagon :-)

Anonymous said...

I LIKE DONKEYS. sam

garnett109 said...

he is a cutie

jack69 said...

Yes, yes yes mam. Nice markings on that dude. Go ahead stop andmake an offer. Don't wait until the aution they will never take this one, looks like it already has it's pretty PJ's on.
Sherry & Jack

Dar said...

Love the donkeys. They do serve a purpose so you must have one. Donkeys are territorial and will protect your domain and your animals from predators. I kid you not. They particularly do not like coyotes and will kick one to kingdom come if it gets too close to your pets. Just a thought, now go see if he can pull that Ranger after all. LOL Have a great remainder of the week dear friend.
God Bless

Sheila Y said...

I don't know if it's still there, but when my youngest was in first grade, I went with her class to a place on the west side of San Antonio. It was down 1604 past 90 I believe, but I don't remember the name of the place. They had a Ze-donk. Part Zebra and part donkey. Maybe one day you'll figure out a way to get you a donkey...take care, Sheila

Missie said...

That is a cute Donkey! Hope you have a good day.

Toon said...

I've never personally known a donkey, but I tend to vote with them... :)

Dar said...

Paula, thanks for visiting...you asked about the barn on my last post. That barn is over 60 yrs. old and it sits on my parents place that all of us kids call 'The Farm'. I Do also have a barn, more hobby-sized tho. I will have to post it.
Have a great weekend and
God Bless

Lucy said...

When you come back you will have to notice my sidebar turtle. Love the picture of the llama
.

Jimmy's Journal said...

The little donkey looks like he's got a little pinto in him.

Jimmy