This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Spring Has Sprung I Think


It seems spring has arrived almost over night. The grass and weeds are short at the ranch but greening up and the cattle are taking notice. Maybe we won't have to put out hay many more times. The birds are busy and the butterflies are flitting around. The humingbirds will be here March 15th. The Digers (picture) are not blooming at the ranch yet but one of the two in my yard has two large blooms still in the purple stage ready to turn white. My Redbud can't compete with the Morman church up the street. Their tree always beats mine but mine is ready to pop out this week. It was 94 degrees here today. Sounds like skipping right into summer but the weathermen say in the 70's this week. It seems we're a broken record when it comes to the subject of rain, we're needing it already. Old timers in south Texas depend on the Mesquite trees to tell them when winter is completely over and they haven't budded out yet so we will see if spring has sprung or not.

11 comments:

Toon said...

Sometimes Spring arrives and then goes away again. Two weeks ago it was 75 here -- and now there's snow on the ground!

jack69 said...

Hey, we will be over in a few days the weather sounds great!!!!!! Put the coffee on.

I love your description of spring, we are lookin g for it here (As soon as the snow melts!!!!)

Love from the Frozen Two

Lucy said...

Well since you need rain, you need some of our snow. Lots of melting going on but still lots of snow. I love Jacks sign off, above.

Dar said...

So happy for you to have signs of Spring showing up over night. We had a cold 4 degrees this morning and it took forever, it seemed, to warm the house. My tootsies are finally uncurling.
I love the TX blooms you show. I have not yet seen a TX spring, only early summer and late fall.
Send some northward. and thanks in advance.
BlessYourSpringGreenHeart

Jean said...

Hi Paula, 94 sounds like a hot summer day, lol. It has been nice here the pass two weeks and I hope it will stay this way for a while.

Unknown said...

WoW!...I have 3 or 4 clusters of the "Digers" you have in your posted photo above. But here in California, we call them, "Yucka plants/trees", interesting! Ours grow up to 8-10ft. tall. Avarage height being around 5-6ft, depending on where they're planted of course!...Thanks for sharing this. I learned something new!___=^..^=___Kittie

Lisa said...

94 degrees!!! Wow, that is summer weather, nevermind spring! Of course in Texas that may be spring temps. We are in the 40's today and the highest this week will be low 50's with cold mornings. I can't wait for the warmer weather. I know what you mean about giving hay, we are going through several big round bales a week! Will be happy when we don't have to do that.

Sheila Y said...

There should be a law against 94 degrees in February...ha. Hope you get some rain. Take care, Sheila

Unknown said...

Wow, 94! We haven't gotten quite that warm here on the coast but it's been in the upper 80's. Things are greening up though and the clover has gone crazy. I'm enjoying it and not looking forward to those hot summer days.

Jimmy's Journal said...

Our temperature has been fluctuating as well. I look forward to spring!

Jimmy

Lori said...

I love that picture. Those are very pretty plants. I have green things coming up, but I'm not fooling myself into thinking that we won't have a bit more cold or bad weather. I'm so glad it's March, though!