This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Nerve Of Them Birds

Guess they think they showed me. I guess they know they showed me. While I was sleeping and trying to breathe and popping pills the birds were busy, very busy. They pecked at the head of the plastic snake so it's head is hanging down and they started a little bit of the clay nest on top of the head and where the head was on the board. They pooped on the porch and spilled their clay there. When I get over this cold or whatever is making me feel bad I'm waging war on those guys/girls. I don't see them paying any taxes here. Guess I gotta break down and look for a plastic owl. I had one in san antonio in my yard just for decoration but someone who was helping me free wanted it to chase something from their back yard. How could I be greedy when the person was helping me free? I'll start at Tractor Supply but probably not tomorrow.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry the snake didn't work out Paula but I love the way you make a humorous story out of it. Hope the owl works better for you and that you feel better soon.

Kath said...

I have been away for Easter Week Paula.So I am not quite up on your posts,guessing the snake was to scare something away from your property.He-heee.Sorry you had no luckwith it you are so funny though,I love your tales and thankyou for the chuckle(laugh),this early morning to start my day off.I hope you soon feel much better.Prayers being said for a speedy recovery.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

DD said...

I haven't known you long, but long enough to know that once you are "back up to snuff" the birds just may as well start packing. I hope you are better soon.

Lucy said...

Hi Paula, those birds only got by with what they did because they KNEW you were not feeling well. If they knew what was in store for them when you do feel good they would fly away. Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Be careful, Paula and see your Doctor if you do not feel better soon. Joe and I had a virus around Easter and we felt lousy.

Sheila Y said...

I guess you need a bigger, meaner looking snake to scare them off...ha. Hope the owl works better and that you are feeling better soon. Take care, Sheila

Anonymous said...

Hey Paula...I can send you a couple "real" snakes if you are of a mind to hang one on the porch LOL...it seems that it has rained so much and the ground is so soggy...the creepy crawlies have come up for air...so now when I slooch around the yard...I carry a big stick...and a shovel LOLOL...bang bang you are dead!!!!! love and hugs from KY

Amelia said...

I hope you get those birds out of there Ms. Paula!

Missy

moni said...

I have several plastic owls and the birds just land on top of them!

Heather said...

Wow! Mean little buggers! I guess they know a good place when they find one.

Anonymous said...

They've found an optimum home..sorry about that.