This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

I'm Just An Open Book

After seeing so many interesting country gates in WisTexGirl's blog and Jill's cute one with no fence attached and the ones I have collected. My favorite being one shaped like The Alamo I toyed with the idea of giving you a laugh about our gate. I use the word "our" losely as it isn't John's gate and it sure isn't my gate. It is the orginal gate the owners have had there for years. It is over a cattle guard so not much of a gate is needed most times. The cattle guard is pipes across but not touching so the cows most time have sense enough not to step on it. Once in a while a cow or calf will learn to jump over it to graze the greener grass in the bar ditch. This little gate is kind of a laugh compared to the unusual ones so I thought I would give you a laugh today.

7 comments:

jack69 said...

Shucks, I ain't laughing. But I will say one thing, I think you are an open book. I believe what we read is what you are. Everyone loves this one, Paulinescontrytales!

I have often wondered about the broken legs as I walked over a cattle guard, and what in their heads tells them it is dangerous, that is amazing to me.
Nite.... Hope you guys have cooled off some!!!.

Lori said...

When I was little it used to be exciting to walk over a cattle guard!

Lucy said...

That gate looks small, short or whatever Seems strange that all the cows would not try to jump over it.

Jill said...

I love your gate. I don't need fancy. So glad you shared it!

TARYTERRE said...

I've been an open book for years. It's nice to have company. LOL The gate is sweet.

Chatty Crone said...

I never knew there was such a thing - thanks for the lesson. sandie

TexWisGirl said...

looks like a lot of 'em up in these parts, too. :)