This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Just Pretty Good Chicken

I found a recipe posted somewhere without a name. I liked that I had all of the ingrediants without going to the store. I like that it is simple and cooks for an hour without watching so I could be doing other things so I tried it and liked it. I wrote at the top of my recipe card "Just Pretty Good Chicken". There were no instructions so I washed a whole package of chicken thighs and trimmed some fat off. When did chickens start getting so fat? I used a large round pyrex baking dish and I probably should have sprayed it with Pam but didn't think of it. Mixed 1/4 cup margine (melted says I), 1/2 cup honey, 1/4 cup mustard, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon curry powder. Pour combined mixture over the chicken in the pyrex dish and bake for one hour at 375*. Wrapped one large baking potato to share in foil and put in beside the dish. In an hour lunch was done and I had straightened up the house. These five ingrediants combined had a very good taste. I might add the recipe didn't state as to cover or not. The first time I made it I didn't but it kind of splatters with the high temperture so this time I covered and like that better. I'm not fond of cleaning ovens.

7 comments:

Lucy said...

That sounds good. I just have to asdk oe question, how stri=ong does it taste after cooked as far as the honey taste? i DON'T LIKE HONEY VERY MUCH. It sounds so easy I would like to try it but I wqould not like a strong honey taste.

Kath said...

Well done Paula,good to be back reading and that sounds just perfect butlike Lucy,no honey for me.I always cover my dishes with foil,if it has to be cooked at high temps and take off for the last 15 mins to brown any meat whatsoever.Have a great day.Take Care God Bless Kath.PS Had probs getting into Blogger this week Grrrr.

TexWisGirl said...

i like the name you gave it. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the name, to the point. And I'm not fond of cleaning ovens either..

jack69 said...

How did I miss this? It sounds good, and I agree with the question, but don't know the answer, about the fat chickens... I buy the 10lb bags of thigh/leg combo and cut them up taking the fat out and I know I hae a couple pounds of fat. hahaha
Love ya!!! ((HUGS))

salemslot9 said...

I just happen
to have some
chicken thighs thawing
in the fridge
maybe, I'll get
creative tomorrow &
give your recipe a try
I don't have curry powder
so, I'll find a substitute :)

salemslot9 said...

p.s
I made your recipe yesterday
I didn't have curry powder
so, I used some Italian seasoning
my John gives it 2 thumbs up!
thanks, Paula <3