This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Man On The Roof, Butt In The Air. Ladder On The Ground

Geeze Chicago had nothing on us yesterday. I've seen some March winds but never anything like yesterday. It blew hard all day. Trees were uprooted, signs down, roofing shingles in the yards. People's "stuff" everywhere but where it belongs. I couldn't get online yesterday afternoon and last night. Guess the tower where my broadband comes from was rockin' and rollin'. The renter at the farm house called to say some of the tin blew off the house and more was about ready to go. We rushed out to look the situation over. Renter man agreed he could climb up to secure the next piece of tin and they would put the missing tin back on today, which they are doing now. We left renter man working while we went to check the fences to see if any trees had fallen and damaged any fences so the cows could get out. We started to leave via another gate but decided to go back by the house. As we drove up John said has he gone in the house already? No, don't you see him on the porch roof with his butt sticking in the air? Looked like he had a measuring tape measuring. No! He was bent over knocking on the roof of the porch trying to get the attention of his wife or kids. The wind was still blowing some and I guess they had the TV on and couldn't hear him. The light ladder had blown over and he was stranded on the roof in the cold wind. Boy was he grinning when we drove up.

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

laughed at your title, but sure glad it wasn't me.

and YES, the winds have been ferocious!!!

Wendy said...

The wind was awful...we lost a lot of shingles and some roofing paper off our roof. I hope our landlord's kids fix our roof, they've been deliquent on fixing anything lately, sigh. The stock trailer door came undone and slammed into the side of the truck, nice big dent!!
So glad y'all went back and I'm sure it was a funny sight but I'm sure the renter was glad you came back. When Michael was a youngster I climbed on the roof to take photos and he moved the ladder on me, ekk...Thank goodness Fred was home and near when it happened. Taught me a lesson on not getting on the roof unless another adult was present, lol.

jack69 said...

Hahahahahahahahaa, I know seeing you guys drive up did put a grin on his face. THAT IS EMBARRASSING when it is not windy, but not so bad in high wind. Glad all is well, or will be...

Love and ((HUGS)) from here...

Jon said...

It's a good thing you were there to rescue him!
Yesterday, we had 74 MPH "gusts" from the blizzard. It scared the jeeters out of me!!

Jill said...

Lucky for him you and John showed up!!

Dar said...

I was watching the weather station and saw all the winds and snow down that'a way...I'll just bet the renter was glad to see you pull in.
So, does the old decorative piece, the water drill, still stand? I would use that as a flower tripod too. Actually, we could use one of those to drill a well at the cabin.
Hmmm
BlessYa

Sheila Y said...

I'm glad you were there to save him from his predicament....Take care, Sheila

Lori said...

Oh poor guy!