This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Border Patrol Rides Again

John called the renter at the farm house at the ranch to see when he could pick up the rent money. The renter told him there were Border Patrols riding over the property and a Border Patrol helicoptor was circling over-head. We had been out earlier and it was too wet to drive to the back forty so we didn't even find the cows. When there is water in the dry creek bed they don't even come up to drink. They rather drink the dirtier water then to walk after grazing. Hope the Border Patrol has four wheel drive and I'm sure they do, but the question is how did they get in when all the gates are locked? Maybe the usual way. A coyote (man who transports illegals) is driving a big new stolen or rented truck loaded with illegals. When they are spotted by the Border Patrol and they give chase the coyote drives righ into a ranch fence and they all pile out and run for their life. They don't usually catch the coyote but do some of the illegals. The truck will be reported stolen and no body knows nothing. Rancher has to fix fence, truck is returned, illegals go back to Mexico, and coyote is where ever to do this all over again and try not to get spotted next time. So we'll be checking fences in the morning. No one called but some good hearted person may have patched it or maybe the scenerio was different.

8 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

Could be kind of exciting. On the other kind of scary.

Jon said...

I hope the fences are okay. I used to see the Border Patrol frequently when I lived in San Angelo. Now I live too far north to see any action.

jack69 said...

Hope no cows wander out, You guys sure have your problems with the illegals, I mean 'undocumented' folk. Yeah, I know they make it up here to.

I do not blame them for wanting in the USA, I would do the same. BUT we really need to face the problem instead of acting like it is no problem!

Oh, good entry...

TexWisGirl said...

i didn't realize you were so close to the border! you talk about san antonio a lot so figured you were inland.

Lori said...

I'd forgotten that you guys are that close to the border.

Anonymous said...

Helicopters circling? Damn, Paula. I saw the title & thought that maybe John had a new late-in-life career. ~Mary

natalie said...

Dear Paula,
sigh
These entries are making me woried..:(...
Please write more about how you are doing now!
hugs
natalie

Chatty Crone said...

I have a lot of mixed feelings about all of that. sandie