This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Introducing (drum roll here) Josie!


First let me say I'm a true turtle whisperer now. Leah gave me a siver turtle necklace and Lynda gave me a ceramic turtle with a citrenella (sp) candle in it plus cow and heart earrings. A wonderful lunch at Longhorn Steak House and best of all the company of my girls and their husbands and John. Now let me introduce you to Josie. Isn't she the sweetest thing? If you are not familiar with cattle you might not think there is anything wrong with her but the big round forehead is not the normal shape of a calf's head plus she is blind. She is getting better and doesn't stay in brush like this picture. I think she is learning to test out where she is walking and go around obstacles. The next hurdle is for her to learn to graze and then make a cud and chew it.

10 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

poor little one! wish that swelling would go down, but i guess not...

glad you had a great mom's day!

TARYTERRE said...

Poor thing. But she does look sweet. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.

Lucy said...

You had a good mothers day. I did to but did not get to go to a steak house. Glad you did. Poor Josie. If she is blind will you keep her or sell her? I think this is the first blind calf I have known about.

jack69 said...

Glad you had a great mother's day with the family.
Also glad to meet Josie. Hope all goes will with her and she learns quickly!

Jill said...

She is as sweet as sweet can be. I do hope she will continue to be OK.

Sounds like you got the perfect gifts for you! Am happy!

Chatty Crone said...

I'm glad you had a great mother's day yesterday.
Sorry about that little cow - does mommy help it at all still?
sandie

~mel said...

Oh I sure hope everything works in Josie's favor.

Anonymous said...

Yes, she really is the sweetest thing. ~Mary

Anonymous said...

Poor wee darling calf?

Looks so sweet. In the circumstances.

Leave It To Davis said...

She's the Helen Keller of cattle. And you are her Anne Sullivan!