This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Isn't Modern Technology Great?

I've posted this header picture before but I like it. I like it except for the utility pole. It seems every picture I want to take now days has a pole or wires in the way and now there is the towers popping up everywhere in our area. I do like my high speed internet so it takes a tower I guess. One day I called the company with a problem and the lady told me  it would be fixed as soon as a man drove from several miles away and climbed the tower. I can remember living where there weren't any poles and then when the electricity came in it was exciting to have light at the pull of a chain. We didn't have it but our relatives did. Then when we moved into town my sister and I had our own electric light with a string hanging down to turn it on in our room. She and I fussed over who was going to pull the string before going to bed. Now days kids probably fuss over who will have to flip the switch. Oh I saw advertised a lamp where you just clap your hands to turn it off. Good, because kids now days have their own room and their own light and their own I-pad and their own I-everything. No, I'm not jealous but I'm glad I have lived in both times and was able to see it all transpire. It makes me thankful for all the modern technology. I'll just ignore the pole and enjoy the flowers and wonder at the little building with Texas printed on the side.

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

amen to all of that. we take our modern conveniences for granted - until they don't work. :)

Jon said...

Modern technology is good (at times) but we are completely overwhelmed with it. I prefer the long-ago days when things were less complicated.

Sharon said...

I think it would do children good to have one day a week to be without technology - they might appreciate it. I have lived in both worlds - they have their points.

Chatty Crone said...

Modern technology is great - but it is not as pretty as nature.

jack69 said...

We never were without electricity, but my sister was. When I visited with her, we had to live by kerosene lamps and haul water in.
Oh, good entry by the way and I too have to remove some objects with each picture it seems. I dislike the poles and lines.
Love from North Carolina

TARYTERRE said...

I agree with you it is nice to live in an era when this transpires.

salemslot9 said...

outhouses had to be rough
now, rough is no tv remote control

Kath said...

I agree with Jon on this one Paula.OH! for the Good Old Days will always be my motto.Even if they wern't all that good,they were much happier ones.Love the header pic.Have a great weekend Take Care God Bless Kath .xx