This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Josie Survived The Big Rain

We went out to feed the cattle early this morning but our real concern was Josie (blind calf) that she may have wandered into the stock tank while it was raining, got confused and had a bad ending. I don't think we give her enough credit. She is fine and growing like a weed. She don't bellow for her Mama so much now. They stay close and number 12 is such a good Mama. This is the first big rain since Josie was born a few months ago so we wonder what she thought of all that water plinking down on her fur and the thunder was so loud. I know Susie our cat got scared and she is so old she has seen lots of rain and thunder in her time. Before John could get the garage door open she  was inside like a flash and didn't come out until she was sure it was over. I didn't see my cottontail rabbit this morning so I just left it food at our little secret hiding place. I've only found one thing it won't eat and that is onion skin. We couldn't drive some parts of the ranch but we could go on the tank dam but only one turtle came to eat and it didn't act hungry. They must have been sleeping-in this morning and celebrating the first day of October.

10 comments:

Lynne said...

Glad Josie is doing well and adapting...We actually had weather in the 80s here today in South Maryland.

TexWisGirl said...

yay for little josie!

Hootin Anni said...

Awwwwwwww, you and I both posted a 'happy ending' story today!! Way to go Josie!

jack69 said...

It is sorta fun to follow the trials and antics of Josie. also you bunny rabbit. But waht is that creature in your header? OUCH! that dude looks mean.

Love from North Carolina.

Chatty Crone said...

Sometimes it's nice to sleep in after a rainy day! Glad Josie is okay!

TARYTERRE said...

Glad Josie found her way. RAIN is miraculous to experience the first time.

Lori said...

I'm so glad Josie made it though the rain. We're having some rainy days here as well.

Dar said...

Hi PaulaGirl. I 'finally' got back on line and didn't realize how much I missed it. How ya doing with the touchscreen?
Sounds like Josie is growing up as she should. It's nice and it's amazing how well a blind animal can adapt. Sweet Josie and sweet #12 for being a patient Mama.
Life is So Good

Lucy said...

That is good that Josie seems to adapt to all. We got a hard rain last night. Spunky scratched on the door cause he had to go out. Joe got up and opened the door and Spunky looked at Joe like he was crazy and went back to bed. Didn't have an accident either.

~mel said...

I'm so happy that Josie has you and John in her life. I know many a farmers that would have culled her from the herd right from the get go.