This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Good Report On Susie

 

 
Not a new picture, but it's our Susie. She has never had a pretty coat, it's kind of wiry. She doesn't like to be brushed except for her head and around her ears. I've had prettier cats but she is a good girl. She never climbed on the screens, caught the birds that I feed, or other naughty things that some cats do. We thought for sure we were going to lose her this past winter. For weeks she stayed in her bed, only getting out to eat a little. Now she follows me across the street or sits in front of the garage in the sun. She is eating much better too. We don't know for sure how old she is but do know she is old. Her Mama left her and two brothers in John's open carport and her Mama never came back. The boys acted like tomcats do and lost their life so I had Susie spayed because it looked like she was here to stay. I'm not sure she would know what to do with a rat as she has never been a cat to play. She doesn't purr, but I guess she likes it here and I guess we like for her to be here and we're glad she is feeling better. Hope she can hold up with the heat we will be having soon. I have a fan on the floor of the garage for her and she doesn't seem to mind if it ruffles her fur. She never liked to be in the wind or rain or any kind of weather. She is just Susie with her own little personality.

7 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Susie is a laid-back Southern Gal!! And her own PURRsonality if her style.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

I like this tribute to Susie :) how wonderful of you to have given her a good and loving home. How long has she been with you? Isn't it amazing how attached we get to our pets? The bond that we develop with them over time is incredible.

TexWisGirl said...

i'm glad she's doing better! sweet unique girl.

jack69 said...

Yeah I remember the tough time she went thru. Glad she is better and also love your description. I thought of her yesterday when a stray cat that has been here off and on since we came, actually walked up and walked under Sherry's chair as we sat outside. The Question, SHOULD WE FEED HER? We cannot decide since we are not here year round....... To feed or not? If it was you I know you would feed the cat.... (smile)

TARYTERRE said...

Susie is one of a kind. A real sweetheart.

Sharon said...

Nice to hear she is doing better, sounds like she is one of those gifts we never ask for and are blessed to have.

Chatty Crone said...

Susie sounds like a great pet - and I am glad she is feeling better.