This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Sunday, June 1, 2014

What is the most unusua indoorl pet you've heard of, had, or seen?

We've made friends with a guard at the hospital. He likes to tell us about his animals, we thought all goats. Today he went into his exotic deer. I don't remember the kind and how many. Not too many as he only has ten acres but two of the deer are house pets. He went in to detail how you box train them involved in putting something on a towel and then putting the towel in the box. He told us what all they like to eat and one day his wife left a pie out on the counter and one of the deer was on the counter eating it. Evidently they are very small but no thanks to animals on my counter. He said they will get into his  lap while he is watching TV. He didn't say if they have their own bed in their own room or maybe they sleep with him. We haven't had an invitation yet. Wouldn't mind seeing them with no food prepared in his kitchen involved. He is a very interesting man to listen to and seems to be knowledgeable about animals and plants.

7 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

how cute! but naughty deer, too! :)

Sharon said...

Interesting. Having the two dogs, I think a couple of deer skittering with them on this slippery floor would be quite the show!

We had a friend (as a teen) who had a bald eagle, he was a trip!

TARYTERRE said...

What an interesting pet. Not sure I would be happy with them eating something off the counter.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

That's definitely an interesting house pet. An indoor deer! I think the most unusual house pet I ever saw was a raccoon LOL

jack69 said...

I enjoy hearing of interesting folk. some are interested in things I am not, but still interesting none the less. The guard seems like a great guy for entertainment. But like you, No deer at our counter! My friend Sonny had a goat as a pet, it followed him like a puppy he said. Now his son also has a goat for a pet. That is the oddest pet I knew of.

Dar said...

No oddities here, just the norms of cats and dogs...and fish. My son's friend wants to get fainting goats and another son had an ermine once...that didn't last long, stinky ermine...but not in my house..no way.
Also, I liked the last one the best too...thanks for stopping.

Chatty Crone said...

I think you have me beat - yet Disco is a crazy pup!