This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Thursday, March 9, 2017

Another Missed Video

This afternoon John wanted me to drive him out to the ranch to see if the deer proof fence has progressed. It hasn't, and I guess his interest reverts to his cows. Maybe the new owner will want him to move them when the fence is complete. He may have his own cattle or he may plan to put exotic deer there for hunting, remains to be seen. When John had his fill of fences we turned to go back toward home. It was raining off and on but all of a sudden it seemed God had turned a lake upside down on us. It was scary driving but afraid to stop until I found a business to pull into to let the deluge subside. It didn't. When we got perfectly even with a telephone pole with two big black birds perched on it. Maybe Buzzards or Hawks. At this point I'm watching where I'm driving. As we were even with the pole the biggest clap of thunder sounded and mean streaked lighting lit up the sky. I don't know who was the most scared and jumped the highest but those birds few off so fast they must have thought someone was shooting at them, big, black wings flapping. My heart was racing and John may have needed clean underwear. My I-pad was on the seat beside me and not on, but those birds would have made a good video.

5 comments:

jack69 said...

Strange, the timing, And it was timed just right! WOW. But it made a good story! HOWEVER, I hope John DIDN'T .............. ! LOL

TARYTERRE said...

Your whole afternoon adventure sounds like the makings of a good video. Glad you safely found your way in the rainstorm.

Sharon said...

Sorry you missed your shot - I'm about the same, always a day late and a dollar short when it comes to opportunities.
Loud claps of thunder startle me as well. I'm hoping John didn't need a change.

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I hate driving in heavy rains! Glad ya'll made it home safely. And hope John doesn't lose his space for his cows.
Barbara from Life & Faith in Caneyhead

Hootin Anni said...

Sounds like what I got 'stuck in' on Friday morning...like a tropical storm...in March no less.