This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Monday, March 6, 2017

Hit It Lucky For A Change

I lost my last post about my health so I'll just say my blood platelets were down and my blood pressure was off the charts. In spite of all I was feeling well and still do. Strange disease for sure. Have to go have blood work again on Friday to make sure they are not lower. Once when they were so low I had to have platelets  so pray this won't be the case. Spent three hours yesterday at the emergency room to try to get my pressure to a safer level. They didn't come down until today to a good level. Anyway so much for that pity party. The luck was after having a bad leak under the toilet and a leak in the kitchen sink (no this isn't the luck) we accidently found someone to do the repair work and only changed half of what a plumber would have charged. You can bet I wrote his telephone number down. He is actually  a roofer, would you believe? He got sent home from work in San Antonio because of rain. He is the brother-in-law of a man John had called to see if he knew anyone who might take care of the problems. On top of this he was a very friendly man and wanted to do it correctly. I'm thankful and plan to hire him again knowing if it isn't raining I will have to wait until a week-end.

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Being in the ER doesn't help my BP, you must be made of sterner stuff. Sorry you are having problems.
It's nice you found someone capable to fix the plumbing problems! Good help is hard to find.

Hootin Anni said...

The blood pressure...since it went down long AFTER the day's scare, I'm sure it was partly anxieties. Just hope it levels off to safe numbers.

As for the 'plumber'...that is awesome. Wish my luck would have that kinda turn for the 'good worker for less' hired.

you take care Paula!!!

2023 said...

You aren't throwing a pity party, you are updating us...with an upkick too. You always see the good as well as the obviously bad. If I could send you a few of my platelets I would.
Accidental good finds rock...& you needed one.

jack69 said...

Don't you just love Mary's comments. She knows how to say what I wish I could say. I doubt if Pauline has ever had a READ pity party.
Prayers for you sweetheart, and just plain GOOD on you. Glad you found a good handy man!

TARYTERRE said...

sorry to hear about your BP. i suffer with high numbers too. So i know what a struggle it is to get them to come down. hope your blood work comes out ok. that is great you found someone to do all that work at a fraction of the cost. sometimes you get lucky. Take care. You're in my prayers.

Rose said...

Sorry your BP has been bad...I now fret about Roger's...since his stroke/hemorrhage they want to keep it below 140 and that is hard to do sometimes. But if I worry him too much that makes it worse.

Glad you found a handiman...we are going to be needing one I think. I hope we can find someone to help with some things.