This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Have You Ever Seen A Fence Post Painted Purple?

On our favorite country road I spotted four fence post in a row painted purple. Actually they were painted about a foot from the top. I knew this had a meaning but for the life of me I couldn't think what that meaning was. I thought it was a warning of some kind but not sure. I thought John had told me about this so I ask him. He drew a blank, didn't know a thing. I thought of asking on Facebook but didn't. A light bulb hit me. You can find anything on the internet. Sure enough it is there. In Texas it is a warning to keep out, especially No Hunting. Isn't that odd? Why Purple? Wonder how many hunters know that, did you? 

7 comments:

jack69 said...

No I certainly didn't know it. BUT purple is 'royalty' or Heavenly, maybe it is an indication that if you trespass you might meet St. Peter sooner than you expect.

Sorta like Shirl told me, While driving: Pray to Jesus, Text if you want to meet him. LOL

Sharon said...

It would definitely be noticeable. I would think twice before I trespassed.

TARYTERRE said...

interesting use of color for that. but now we know.

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I've never seen a purple painted fence post and would not understand this warning.
The AtoZ is over! Time now for about 12 hours sleep. 😔 Life & Faith in Caneyhead


Hootin Anni said...

Yep, it's like a no trespassing...a warning and in Texas you abide by the 'law' no matter if painted purple or posted.

Paula said...

It must be a new thing in the last few years. I'm a born and bred south Texan and lived and born in the country. Never saw a purple fence post. Hunted west of San Antonio with my husband on his grandmother's ranch, never saw a purple fence post.

Lori said...

That's a new one on me!