This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Monday, May 1, 2017

Viva La Fiesta

A week of dancing, drinking, eating, partying, and parades in San Antonio over for another year. I've attended most of it at different times but no more. The closest we get is watching on TV now. The schools in San Antonio and surrounding towns are closed as they are invited to march in the Battle of Flowers and Fiesta Flambeau parades. My daughter marched as an oboist one year and as a majorette two years. Also participated in the Battle Of The Bands. One year after I was widowed a couple who had a business invited some of us widows to watch the parade with them. They parked a big flat bed truck at the curb along the parade route and put benches on it. They parked a camper behind it so we could use the bathroom. They cooked chili, provided drinks, popcorn and peanuts. Wasn't that nice of them? We were comfortable in every way. A "thank you" note was in order to this couple and their business.

7 comments:

jack69 said...

What a wonderful gesture for the seniors. The world does have some folks that are just plain good!

Sharon said...

A whole week of festivities? Wow, that would tire a body out. How nice of those people to cater the widows with food, drink, and other comforts!

Paula said...

Yes it would tire me out. I think most people just pick one or two things to attend each year. My favorite was the Saturday night parade. I forgot to mention there is also Night in Ole San Antone.

TARYTERRE said...

What a lovely gesture to the widows. Good people, indeed.

Hootin Anni said...

They closed schools? Wow...musta been a huge festival!! Yes, that WAS nice of them to do that for y'all.

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

Sounds like a major fun event! I make a few local things, pick and choose. That was a wonderful way to watch a parade!
Life & Faith in Caneyhead

Paula said...

Anni meant to say they closed the schools on Friday the day of the Battle Of Flowers parade. I'm surprised you don't hear about Fiesta week on the news at the coast.