This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

The Subject Is Pigs

I have read several things about pigs lately so it brought memories to me. Just now read Jack's blog about piggy banks. I still have one from Elementary school that a boy who drew my name at Christmas gave me. I wasn't thrilled but I have kept it all these years. It is a pretty one as pigs go. One of Mel's relatives has a pig for a pet and it runs and plays with the dogs. John has told me when his Mama and Daddy ran a beer joint on the main street of his small hometown they also had pigs and hogs in the back. John's job was to feed them each day. He started collecting the remains of beer out of bottles customers left. I'm sure it was small amounts but added up. When he got enough he would pour it in their pan with the slop. He says his Daddy found the pigs drunk and John got in serious trouble. I guess it could be true or maybe just a story.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

Could be a true story. Might be a funny, if not pathetic sight. :-)
I like piggies, especially the baby ones.

Jon said...

I like the story - whether it's true or not (actually, I think it's true...)

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh that is a funny story.

So maybe that is how or why pigs fly in Cincinnati - that is there saying. I will believe you when pigs fly!

TARYTERRE said...

I never heard of a drunk pig. Fascinating, really.

Rose said...

I have heard of drunk pigs, and I do believe the story.

There was a show on TV once, about some place in Africa. There was all this fruit growing along the banks of water, and it had fallen. It showed all the animals eating it after it had fermented and showed them while they were drunk. We laughed until we cried.

Hootin Anni said...

rofl!!!
Oh what do you do with a drunken piggy, what do you do with a drunken piggy early in the evening!!!?

My FIL was a pig rancher in Colorado. They're nasty critters if you happen to get in their way of the slop feeding. I talk from experience.

jack69 said...

Shucks, I believe it! LOL hahahahahaha