This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Monday, October 9, 2017

No Rest For The Weary

I'm sure some of our neighbors had a holiday today for Columbus Day but I think they were awakened before daylight. When John got up this morning he couldn't find his cell phone. It didn't take long for him to alert me so there goes my relaxing cup of coffee. I donned my housecoat, opened my garage and backed my truck out to search since we had gone to church in it yesterday. No phone. We had already looked everywhere in the house that we could think of. He is telling me over and over to call his phone from my phone which I had already done several time with no results. Actually he wasn't telling me he was yelling with me trying to calm him down. Saying relax and think where all we went yesterday. He mostly slept in his bed all day. I got a flash light to search the back yard where he feeds his three cats. He could have lost it out of his pocket while bending over putting feed in their pan. This probably alerted at least four more neighbors. No phone. I unlocked his truck and searched it even though I didn't remember us using it. No phone. I came back inside with him and his voice of panic behind me. I went into his room and to his bed one more time, picked up the heavy comforter and threw it to the side. There was the phone on the bed. He was so glad to see it I thought he was going to kiss my feet. How can we get so involved with one phone when we grew up without one?

9 comments:

LV said...

They are nice when used right. I do not have one. I have gotten by for 88 years without it. Some people abuse the privilege.Tech is taking us over.

Sharon said...

It wouldn't bother me in the least if I lost my phone. DH might not like that though, he gives a lot of people my number for appointments etc. It's a nuisance.

jack69 said...

You hit the nail on the head. The phone has taken over lives. Our 5 yrs old ggrand has a watch phone and a tablet phone.
BUT for a fact we do get flustered when one is misplaced.

YOu have a knack of FINDING!!

TARYTERRE said...

glad you found the phone. it would have driven you crazy not knowing where it was.

Chatty Crone said...

Oh my gosh this could be a scene in my house almost every day! lol

Hootin Anni said...

That's like Bud....he has always said "How did we get along without cellphones so many years back?"...And now, he's on his all the time!!! Just like a teen playing games, checking out websites and reading news.

Men!! lol

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

Amen Sister! It is most disturbing to see families at a restaurant with everybody fooling with their device instead of talking to each other. We have cellphones but they are for emergencies only and are always turned off.

Rose said...

I was just talking to someone/or emailing...I honestly forget which. But I think how lonely it would have been if I had not had the internet when Roger was in the hospital for so long, and even after he got home. I could be on the computer and not disturb him...and so easy to email everyone in one group email to keep them informed about how he was doing.

but our parents made it without ever having any of this technology...and we made it for a long time without it. I think we got our first computer in `996.

salemslot9 said...

you should've let him
kiss your feet ;)