This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

A Morbid Blog Entry?

Two things made me think of writing this which some may find morbid. If it bothers you feel free to click off. Jack's post was one and the local news was another. The local news aired about a funeral home in San Antonio getting sued for losing a body some time back and to this day still has not been found. The family of the deceased won a lot of money in the lawsuit. Wellll it so happens my funeral is planned with this same company but on a different side of town. It doesn't have anything to do with the price of eggs in China. I just decided I don't want a funeral so I ask my daughters to ask the cemetery if they would trade my funeral for a nice shade tree. Jack wrote about someone having their casket built and have it stored in waiting. Interesting! We bought our plots or lots when I was pregnant with my second daughter. Now to some that may sound like we didn't have hope. Nothing of the kind, a man came to the door selling of all things cemetery  lots. I told him I would have to ask my husband but I did like that location so we did pay them out by the month. When we were through we bought the funeral plan and I guess that was the eeriest thing I have ever done is walk in to a room filled with caskets and pick the one I would be buried in.

9 comments:

jack69 said...

One of the nicest things one can do for their family is take care of the final arrangements. Once you have dealt with the situation, you should prefer not to burden anyone else with the task.

Chatty Crone said...

Okay it is very common for people to make their plans and to pick out caskets and to start paying on them - it does help the family.

You don't want a funeral - you just want to be buried? So tell me this what does the shade tree mean - I didn't get the whole meaning of this.

Paula said...

Oh Sandie this made me laugh. A Texan would know you do not live in Texas. It is so hot sometime in the summer you think about having that boiling sun shining down on your grave. A shade tree would help some. Looks like people didn't approve of this subject. lol

Hootin Anni said...

All you did makes sense to me! I too don't want sll the 'hoopla' of a funeral. I say...'why bother'? The shade tree is good.

Hootin Anni said...

'all' - typo

Leilani Schuck Weatherington said...

Not morbid at all. It is wonderful for the family when everything is arranged ahead of time. But... you do need to have some sort of "service", even if it is at the graveside.

TARYTERRE said...

It pays to plan ahead. Not morbid at all.

LV said...

I agree with you. I have had mine taken care of for years. I just walked through the caskets as tho shopping for a dress. More people need to do this.

salemslot9 said...

I'm going to be cremated