This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Saturday, December 26, 2009

I Just Have Ta Tell Ya


Remember the columns I wrote about, pondered about, imagined about? Well I still don't know what they are but we traveled that highway today. We went to John's son's house on the north side of San Antonio to celebrate Christmas a day late. Thats okay and it was nice but low and behold they had built another set of those columns nearer to the highway. I mentioned it to my fellow passengers and John said hummm and the other two said not a word. Does anyone have curiosity anymore? The second building near the one that was already there is completed. Both buildings look like some sort of dormitory. Coming home it was dark and we would have been nearer as it is divided highway but of course I don't have exray eyes. Don't think because I've stopped writing about the mysterious columns that I have stopped wondering what they are or why they are here in south Texas and no one I've talked to knows anything about them. I think I have an idea. If I can find a time when the newspaper is not really busy I could go and show them the pictures and ask if they have ever done a story on this place or know anything about it. What do you think? Should I just drop it or should I dig?

14 comments:

Helen said...

I would be curious and see if the paper knows anything. Make me wonder if it has something to do with some kind of religious order or some demented person is doing it one. Weird anyway.Helen

salemslot9 said...

I forget if
you tried city hall
and
if that's an owl
in your photo
keep digging, Matlock

Lucy said...

Very interesting, Paula. Keep digging in news papers and keep us posted.

Melanie said...

Gravestones????

cute owl...lol

Melanie

Lucy said...

Glad you got rain boots for Christmas. Now you can see if Lucy is still alive. I got an Earl May gift certificate at my favorite garden store and can not wait to get this blasted snow out of here.

shirl72 said...

I have thought about the columns and wondered
if you ever figured out what they were. Call
the newspaper and stir them up. You need to find out so you can solve the mystery. Good Luck.

Shirl

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Keep digging......

They look like some of the headstones in the pre-Civil War cemeteries, we have up here in the high country......only the very rich land owners could afford them....

Enjoy....LindaMay

jack69 said...

Sooooo, keep searching, inquiring minds want to know. You have whetted our appetites for more information.
I can tell John is VERY curious. HUMMMMMMM!
LOL
I can't wait until next year when the San Antonio area is on our list to pass through. WE want to see this place and thing in person!!! hahahahaha!
Love these teasers!
Sherry & JaCK OVER IN fLORIDA

jack69 said...

SAlem said something about the owl. That post (?) looks just like an owl, if it is not! I had to go back and look.
Jack

Kay said...

They almost look like some kind of monument. Almost like a grave stone.

garnett109 said...

Keep digging, they still did not find Jimmy Hoffa

Frances said...

Definitely keep digging !! Checking with the newspapers is a good idea, or go to the appraisal district office, and ask them who owns this property, and ask the owners directly. Inquiring minds want to know.............

Anonymous said...

You have a great blog
God bless you

Martha said...

Definitely dig! I want to know too! :-)