This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It Must Have Been The Weather

In her comment Helen wished us another nice day today and I do thank her for that. We did have a nice day. It was cool and cloudy and the people in San Antonio were so nice I thought it must be the cool weather. We didn't encounter one frown or one word that wasn't nice. We went to a business office before we left town and chatted with people there who had a smile on their faces as they chatted about the beautiful wildflowers. We went to our favorite thrift store first. I was checking out the cute what-nots and ceramics as a hispanic lady commented to me on how expensive they were. From there we discussed the price of everything, health care, and the President of The United States of America. I think we both felt we had been friends forever. Usually we don't find people that friendly compared to our small town where everyone knows everyone else or knows someone kin. When we were finished looking around we sat in an area for people to wait with tables and benches. A young couple walked up with thier young child and the nice stroller they had bought for him. I was impressed when they brought out baby wipes and started cleaning it from top to bottom even though it looked new and clean. Then they proceeded to try the child out in it asking him if he was comfortable. I don't think he knew what comfortable meant but he looked happy as a king. While they were cleaning and testing we talked to them like long lost friends. Then we said our goodbyes and walked across the parking lot to Golden Corral. Actually we were dragging our feet until 2:00 for the Early Bird Senior Special. We walked in at the same time of a lone black man. We all politely tried to let the other go first and told him we were in no hurry as we were waiting for the special. He didn't know about that so he decided to wait to. We sat on the bench and learned he is a preacher and he thinks he knows the year Christ will come. I don't know that anyone knows that but he was a nice man to talk to and discussed our aging problems and lack of remembering to bring cell phones. On the way home everyone was driving by the law. No one was cutting anyone else off or honking. I think it was the weather. When I got home and checked my blog comments I saw Toon had told me turtles like hotdogs and nightcrawlers. I can handle the hotdogs but nightcrawlers? I'm the gal who used to try to wear gloves to bait my hook. Ora told me they read of turtles in scripture in the bible so I'm hoping I can read that. Yes today was truely a nice day.

12 comments:

Martha said...

Sounds like it really was a wonderful day! I think spring brings out the best in everyone - and yes, it really is fun to feed the turtles. I know another thing they love, little bits of raw hamburger meat, but of course that would get a bit pricey and not the easiest thing to carry around to feed them - but they do love it :-)

jack69 said...

What a great entry. I love POSITIVE, and I like nice folk. Nice and Positive spreads just like frowns, and I had much rather see the smile.
good report of a super day it seems.
From North CArolina
Jack & Sherry

Jimmy's Journal said...

What a nice, laid back day. I've never been to the Golden Corral but I think there's one near me. May be I'll try it out.

Let me know if the black preacher man gave you an exact date. I want to be sure that I cancel any dates I have that evening. One never knows, do one?

Jimmy

Sheila Y said...

Good to hear the weather had everyone in a good mood. I just hope the really hot weather stays away as long as possible. Take care, Sheila

shirl72 said...

Good entry. The weather has a lot to do with peoples mood. Glad you had a nice day. I wish you would have ask the man the year that Christ would return so we would also know.

Shirl

Marty said...

Sounds like a great day ... I wish I could qualify for an early bird senior special!
Best,
Marty

Lori said...

Eler Beth used to feed her turtles night crawlers. They got to where when they heard us coming they'd come toward us with their heads up and their mouths open. It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Nice spring weather does seem to bring out the best in people. I read the scripture Ora was talking about. I can understand why she burst out laughing when she read it, and it made her think of you. Isn't it nice to know that sometimes people we've never even met in person see or hear or read something that makes them think of us or our family? I just think that's the neatest thing!

Toon said...

I visited San Antonio about ten years ago and wanted to move there! It's such a beautiful city and the restaurants were awesome!

Lucy said...

Love the pictures. I am still waiting.

Helen said...

I am glad that you two had a great day. Sounds like a lot of people had a good day also. Helen

Anonymous said...

Hi Paula...I sure hate to be the one to be the odd man or woman out....but if I had a day like you just discribed...even good up to bedtime...I don't think I would get out of bed tomorrow...LOL...but then that is just me...the weird o for sure LOLOL....glad you had such a good time...we don't have that senior special here but going to ask about it LOL...and I might try the hot dogs...but the night crawlers are definitely a no no no no!!!!! oh and I have a "snapping" turtle...the youngest is a biter...cute...but a biter...so far I haven't been bitten...I could hear her jaws snap shut...amazing!!! God Bless...hugs...Ora in KY

Gerry said...

It was worth it to read this entry to hear that you used to wear gloves to bait the hook with angle worms. That is so funny. My niece and her husband used to gather them out of the fields to sell, and their little daughter would just happily play with all the worms in the containers and give everyone the heebie jeebies!