Just a country girl kicking around the dirt roads taking pictures of trees, gates, animals. cactus, and anything else that strikes my un-fancy mind. You are welcome to take a look and come back if you like.
This Way To My Blog
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
If The Garbage Can Is On Fire Move It Outside.
Supper at the hospital cafeteria started out quiet but ended up with some excitement. One of the ladies who works there was eating with two grandchildren and a man who works there was having supper with his big family, a security guard, and us. I saw the lady go over and sniff the garbage can. She said there is a fire in there and she ran to the fire alarm and set it off. Doors started slamming, the workers running out with fire extingishers and then the man who works there ( a tech who gives tests) calmly walked over to the garbage can and said why don't you just take the thing out side? There is a door a few steps from the garbage can that goes out to a pretty courtyard with table to eat outside and flowers and shrubs. No it wasn't a cigarette. There is no smoking even by the building. Turns out someone cooked something in the microwve and then put it in the trash can. Guess it got too close to some paper. We think it was the security guard who used the microwave last but we won't tell. Poor guy, bet he felt stupid. Before we came home we walked down the hall to check out the pumpkin contest. Most departments decorated one to correspond with their department. They really had some cute ideas from poop to blood to everything you would see and they would deal with at a hospital.