This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Happy Anniversary To Me

It just dawned on me tonight October is the month I started an online AOL Journal in 2003. Most of us transfered over to Blogspot but I don't remember what year. Some are still around and many went to Facebook and other sites. I still keep in touch with a few who don't blog any longer. In AOL journals it was more writing and a few pictures. Now it seems to be the other way around. I didn't have any pictures in my computer then and didn't know how to post them if I had. Most people did have a picture of them selves on their sidebar. A lot of fun things went on such as a ball each year and the ladies would post the dress they were going to wear. I watched from the sidelines, as again I didn't know how to find a picture or post it. I remember one terrible online fight between two women. I'm glad I don't see any of that here. I'll tell you why my blog title words are all scrunched together improperly. In AOL Journals my title was Pauline's Country Tales but when I transfered over I was having trouble and somehow it came out paulinecountrytales so I left it that way being glad I had been able to transfer it over. It's been a lot of fun to meet such nice people from all over and get to know them. A wonderful hobby or pass time.

13 comments:

Jon said...

I can't remember how long I've been blogging, but I started on AOL when they first had AOL Journals. I'm still in contact with a few of the old bloggers.

The only reason I still keep blogging is because of the many nice people that I've gotten to know. It's sort of like an extended family.

Jean said...

Happy anniversary Paula, I'm on face book but only to see the picture's that the children and grandchildren post on there. I do play one game. Lol. Face book just doesn't get my interest. I enjoy reading blogs and the pictures that they post. Glad you’re still here. Jean

Jill said...

Happy Anniversary,Paula! I'm so glad you are here and that I found you and your blog!

Lori said...

Happy Blogiversary Paula!

Chatty Crone said...

Happy anniversary to you - so glad we met!

TexWisGirl said...

that's great. 4 years. i've put in 2 1/2 so far. i am glad i 'met' you. blogland is a great place - and yes, lets avoid any heated scrapping and meanness. :)

TexWisGirl said...

holy smokes! i just re-read your date. i thought it said 2008 not 2003! WOWZA!!!

Sheila Y said...

Happy Anniversary Paula! I'm glad I found you, I enjoy reading your tales. I believe it changed to blogspot in 2008. I started in Dec of 2008 and it had changed by then. But I started reading AOL journals around this time in 2005...all because of a news article in our paper that mentioned 'Dad' as the oldest blogger. Take care, Sheila

Lucy said...

I started on Journals. I, like you could not post a picture on Journals. I met nearly the same people that in part, I still blog with. I remember when somehow a mom and daughter threw me a birthday party in Journals. They are in Facebook now.Occasionally I comment on what they say. Sad part is I don't go in often. You are right about meeting good people.

Anonymous said...

I can't remember not knowing you as a blogger..which is a good thing. Happy Anniversary.

jack69 said...

I am very glad we met on line. It has been fun and I have learned a lot from the country tales. Your blog is most interesting, always.

I don't know when I started and when I stopped. Sometimes I don't know if I am here or not.

Love you lady!!

Barbara In Caneyhead said...

I'm extremely glad I have gotten to know you Paula. You are a treasure. Congrats on your blogiversary!

salemslot9 said...

you're one of
the nicest ladies
Paula :)