This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Monday, November 5, 2012

Cattle Are Like People, Never Satisfied

Isn't this a beauty? It doesn't belong to John, but I wish it did. Look at the grass behind the rocks and it is trying to eat on the little short patch. Too bad it couldn't eat rocks, there are plenty in the hill country. Today we caught one of John's cows eating raw pear (cactus or prickly pear). There is plenty of good green grass from the nice rains we have had lately and it chooses to eat the sticky stuff. Tomorrow she will probably be throwing her head around trying to dislodge stickers from her tongue. On another note John's sister and brother-in-law are coming to visit from Alaska again next month. They like our weather in December compared to Alaska but they don't like our bugs and varmits. When he heard about the West Nile fevor contacted from mesquitoes he was about to back out of the trip. I wonder what she will do if one our little lizards moves in to her room. Maybe I'll dump a whole box of 'em. Can you tell I'm excited about being a motel maid for weeks?

14 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

oh dear. :)

i have family coming for 4 days and i'm hardly excited. :)

Wendy said...

Laughing at the lizards in the bedroom! I dare you!! My bug guy has been placing sticky traps all over the house and I was shocked at the amount of geckos those traps have caught. I thought we had one or two here and there not dozens, ekk...I like the green anole lizards but I'm not fond of the brown see through geckos, ekk...Maybe you should get some sticky traps and let her see what's actually in the house? I bet she won't stay long!

jack69 said...

Methinks the lizards are a great idea. Twould be great if you had an Iguana, a three foot one!

Yes and I can understand. It is not fair anyone would expect to visit and expect to be served for a long period of time. One or two days I think I could handle, but more huh uh! Some of us remember last year, but not as well as you! LOL

jack69 said...

And yes, you can see people in some animals, but I see more (people) in the Jackass than the cows. LOL

Kathy said...

Okay, girl, suck it up. Just think about all the great fodder you'll have for coming blog posts with a visit from these two memorable houseguests! I remember your posts from their last visit and I can't wait to read more!

Sheila Y said...

Maybe that will be a good time for you to go visiting somewhere else...but I'd still leave the lizards for good measure. ;-) Take care, Sheila

~mel said...

LOL ~ apparently she doesn't read your blog. P.S. I commented on your comment on my blog.

Chatty Crone said...

The cow will get stickies in his mouth? Poor baby. Now Pauline - be good - lol! sandie

Paula said...

Thanks for the info. Mel. It's kind of like John can tell a lot about a cow by looking at her tail or her back end but we won't get into all that here. lol
Sandie: Yes the cows can get stickers caught in their mouth. That is why ranchers burn the stickers off when they need to eat cactus because of lack of green grass.

Jon said...

I think you should put some mosquitoes in the guest bedroom!
Or mosquitoes AND lizards......

Jill said...

It is a lovely cow!

Good luck with your company. I wish it could be something to look forward to.

Dar said...

You are up to something. I'm giggling just thinking about the lizards, geckos, maybe the sticky traps where your guests can see them., then ask them to do away with them. Lol Hey, just hide!
looking forward to your entries of their stay...I can tell by others comments that this should be real good reading.
BlessYa...PutYourSmileOn, for they will be here soon. I wonder if Susie will hide?

Lori said...

Be nice, Paula! ;)

DD said...

Hi Paula,
The cow is beautiful!
Oh yes, I remember your company last year...lol.
Take care, DD