This Way To My Blog

This Way To My Blog

Friday, February 1, 2013

Guess What We Found?

Yeah the same old song and dance from me. A new baby calf! Well it's exciting to us. To John because it will bring money when it is larger and to me 'cause they are so darn cute. This one is a solid beige one. It was just born last night because John saw the Mama yesterday and she hadn't had her baby yet. This Mama is one of the trusting ones. She gave birth near the herd and already joined them with the little one this morning and she wasn't minding us being near. We are having 70 degree weather every day and 40's for the low. By 9:30 I was ready to shed my light jacket down to a short sleeve shirt. Wonderful weather but I'm not bragging to you snow bound friends as I know we will be begging for rain and cooler temps this summer. About six turtles bobbed up to eat. Poor things are so blind I practially have to bounce the bread off their head to get their attention. The roadrunners and cardinals were out doing thier thing as we mended a short piece of fence. All is well at the ranch and we are home before lunch.

6 comments:

Kath said...

OH! what great news Paula,a new calf (Name Please) LOL!!.You sure are lucky having those kind of temps in February,but yes thats the downside of Texas weather, no water in summer.I hope the turtles pick up somewhat.Happy to read all is well with you both.Have a great weekend.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

jack69 said...

I like the same old song and dance. Neat about the calf, like to hear it. You always describe the whole process like it is family. Yeah I know in a way it is. Your life encompasses so many loves, Paulines Country tales are always the best.
Love you lady ((HUGS))

TexWisGirl said...

a nice morning. thanks for sharing it.

Jon said...

Congratulations on the new calf AND the good weather!
I didn't know we had Cardinals in Texas. I haven't seen one since I lived in the Ozarks. I suppose they are only in your area. They wouldn't dare come here to West TX!

Lucy said...

A new life is usually a good thing. What are you naming it?? It sounds nice there. It is supposed to get in the 20's today and then the rest of the week in the mid forties.

Chatty Crone said...

Gosh you have a wonderful life there with all the new life around you!