1. The neighbors may complain, we don't even have a fence. Not that, that would keep it in.
2. I would have to buy or build a coop. I'm not a carpenter and John isn't either.
3. John's cats may eat it or at the most chase it.
4. Another mouth to feed.
5. Would the city frown on my chicken?
6. John is trying to discourage me. He fed a cat and now there are three.
7. People zoom around our corner and may run over it and then I would be sad.
8. What would the neighbors think? There are goats in our neighborhood.
9. If it was a rooster it could crow and compete with the dog on tall legs living behind us.
10. A chicken coop needs to be cleaned out sometime. How much poop can one little chicken make?
One of John's renters used to have a chicken for a pet and it didn't seem to cause any trouble. Oh well I don't always get what I want.